Mga Sumasampalataya

May 26, 2008

SERIOUSLY, WHAT'S WRONG WITH BEING SINGLE?!

Seriously?

I admit, being in a relationship has its perks. But then again, there's some sort of freedom you're never going to get when you're tied up with someone else. I don't think a lot of people realize that.

Your money is your own.

Forgetting someone's birthday is not an unforgivable sin.

You don't have to ask for permission to have fun with your friends.

I'm not promoting promiscuity, but you have that option.

You're not forced to endure hours and hours of window shopping.

Yeah, there's no kilig and you don't get to hold hands with someone and yeah it's nice when you wake up and you're still beside the person you slept with, but that shouldn't stop you from being happy.

There's a reason why we make friends with other people. So that we'll never be alone. And if you chose the right people to be friends with, then loneliness is not going to be a problem.

I read this whole entry back, and I know I kind of sound like a selfish brat. It's just that I'm enjoying being a free man. And it's not going to take away the things that will make me a great partner or boyfriend. My being happy as a single guy does not mean that being the other half of a couple will make me miserable. Like I said, sometimes we need to feel the jitters.

I'm just making the most of what life hands out. I decided that I don't want to spend the last years of being in my twenties feeling miserable. Sulking is for superheroes. And I'm not a fictional character.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

i agree with you dude

aajao said...

masarap maging single. you can do whatever you want. ;)

. said...

Freedom is a word that has special meaning to me nowadays.

Nash said...

NOTHING!

even though i'm in a relationship hehe

what's wrong with being single?

you can have all the freedom and time for yourself..

pero ako? haha I can't survive a month without a bf :)

Anonymous said...

may point ka tol.
marami rin pros ang pagiging single.

enjoy nalang natin kahit ano pa status natin.

:D

Dabo said...

as of the moment..i enjoy being an individual.. this entry is not selfish... as long as people know what they want or need for the time being, then so be it.

im declaring this coz sooner or later..i wanna have a new "madness" again... he he