Mga Sumasampalataya

May 15, 2008

NOT AN AMERICAN IDOL ENTRY

Nah, I don't want to join the bandwagon of writing another American Idol entry. There's around a thousand blogs out there that's already said everything that needs to be said about the show and it's contestants.

So now my dilemma is, I can't think of a good entry to write about in this online journal of mine.

**********

In my quest to find a new career, I stumbled upon this budding real state development company. I came from the call center industry and have never experienced anything other than that kind of job professionally.

What's interesting is, although it's a little new, it is a big company. A company that's connected to one of the country's richest person. It's a leadership job, so that I have experience in, and I'm hoping in some way that what I did and who I am will be enough to land me the opportunity of a lifetime. I mean from what I've heard during my interview last week is that this will be very satisfactory financially for me.

I guess, I just need to do good with my interview with the President of the company on Saturday. My readers, please wish me luck!!!

Oh yeah, and I visited their website today, and day-emn! I want to own my own condo unit and island house!!!

**********

I've been visiting a lot of blogs lately, and I've found a lot of really interesting sites. For sure one of these days I'll be advertising these people's blogs and other websites that I've been frequenting when I'm not doing anything.

**********

Speaking of future entries that I'll be writing here... Lately, I've been cooking up some things about my being an only child that I notice are similar to other people like me. It's just that when I re-read it, it got a little pessimistic and depressing (maybe because it became a story about me). I'm just going to edit it, no actually it needs a total overhaul before I post this here.

**********

The past few days, I've been going to sleep at around 4am. One evening it's because I've been reading "Love In The Time Of Cholera." (haven't got far though, still on page 83). The other day it's because I was playing "The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion." And then of course the other day it's because of drowning myself in alcohol.

I guess the point here is, I'm still losing the fight against insomnia. ANd I drink milk!!! A lot!!!

**********

Oh yeah, I'd also like to take this time to write about the first short story I've posted here... FX DIALOGUES... just scroll down if you haven't read it. This was a story I wrote 5 years ago. It was originally entitled "Stoplights and Wedding Rings." Obviously I've changed some of the dialogues between Francis and Diane, because on the original it was really shallow and long.

Anyway, I've written about 10 short stories during the time when I recently graduated. I was actually hoping one of those would get published. This is the closest I'll ever get to being printed. At least I'll be reaching a wider audience here. Right?

**********

I'll end my post here on this note. And if you're interested as to who I want to win AI... Cook.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Gillboard..

"break a leg" for your upcoming interview ;-)

gillboard said...

thanks papams!!!

Will do...

Anonymous said...

cook will definitely win.no doubt about it!