Mga Sumasampalataya

May 7, 2008

NO OFFENSE TO DISADVANTAGED PEOPLE

Before anything else, I know that when I publish this post, I'd be incurring the wrath of many people. This is just my opinion, and I'm not generalizing, this belief to all disabled/disadvantaged brothers and sister.

This opinion of mine came from what I've seen in a teaser/trailer of last night's Pinoy Big Brother episode where Priscilla was arguing with Rona (I think) about this new girl, and was attacking the latter's personality. As I did not see the episode itself, it seems that Priscilla was having trouble with Rona's befriending the new girl. I'll be off topic for a little, I DON'T WANT PRISCILLA TO WIN THE CONTEST!!!

I honestly don't think that she has what it takes to be a winner, I think she's shallow-minded and isn't really a nice person in reality. Something about her rubs me off in a not-so-good manner. The fact is she's deaf, and thus does not know if the tone of the voice she's speaking with is sincere or not. She's a brat, and I believe she's one of those people who use her disability to gain an unfair advantage over other people.

That's sneaky and snarky and that's reality. Being a leader for 3 years I've encountered those kinds of people. I'm not going to name names, but I know this one guy who is physically disabled. Among his class, this guy is the one who's actually given us the most problems. He sleeps on his job, he takes his time in the wash room (one time an agent told me he caught the guy just playing with his wheelchair inside). And his Team Lead can't scold him as she's kind of anxious to reprimand a disabled person. Me, being somewhat naughty, when I see him coming to me I run away and let him try to catch up. Anyway, the point is, he knows people find it awkward to criticize him, so he uses that to not do his job right.

I know this is mean, but come on people need to realize that not all disabled people are good. And I think Priscilla is one of those people. I've had that feeling since I first saw her, and it's just enforced by what I've seen last night.

And please don't tell me that at least she's trying to live her life normally and is not the type of person who's boo-hoo-I'm-disabled-and-can't-do-anything-good. If disabled people want to live their life as equals with a normal person, then they should just take criticisms just as well.

Again, I don't have anything against our less privileged brothers. This is just my opinion.

No comments: