Mga Sumasampalataya

Apr 26, 2008

TO THE GIRLS: THE 4 BOYFRIENDS YOU'LL HAVE

I really don't know where these ideas are coming from. I haven't been in a relationship for some time now. I haven't held on to one for longer than a month ever since I graduated from high school. Believe me, I'm no relationship guru, but what I'm writing here comes from experiences of other people. People I'm close to, people I read blogs from, and people who came to my life.

Anyway, I thought about this earlier, as I was thinking about past relationships. I thought, that there really are only 4 kinds of boyfriends a girl will have. They won't have four if they're lucky, but generally I think that there are typically just these. I didn't categorize them according to personality, but as to what kind of boyfriends they will be.

MR. WRONG: The first kind of boyfriend. Probably your first boyfriend. Anyway, he's all kind of wrong. Not necessarily bad wrong. Just wrong. Nothing about the two of you says compatible. A sign that you're dating Mr. Wrong is if you're arguing with the littlest of things. Even the good things he does, you find you have to criticize. Mr. Wrong could be the nicest and sweetest person in the world, but the two of you just are not meant to be together. The world will find a way to keep you from being together.

MR. RIGHT NOW: He's the trophy boyfriend. You have an open relationship, where it's fine for you to see other people while you're together. Heck, I'd even say that you just became an item because you need to do the dirty deed. Could even be a fuck buddy, but you're too ashamed to admit to your friends that what you have is less than a relationship. Nevertheless, he's not the one. He could be Mr. Right... just not right now. Right now, it could just be because of the sex or the company. He may be stupid to realize that what you have is special. Who knows, right?

MR. PERFECT: Being Mr. Perfect doesn't necessarily mean he could be Mr. Right. He could be the nicest, richest, most good-looking, greatest in bed, or all of the above, but he's still not the right one for you. You still have doubts in your mind that he's the one you want to be with forever. You constantly find yourself being with another guy. Or even when you're with him, you're still thinking of your ex. Who knows, anyway the point is, he could have everything you ask for, but you still find yourself wanting for more.

MR. RIGHT: The soul mate. The person you'll marry. He doesn't necessarily be Mr. Perfect, he may even once have been Mr. Right-Now. You could have arguments that last a lifetime, but at the end of the day, you still find he's still the person you want to be with. Despite all the shortcomings, or the weird habits, or his being monetarily challenged, you still love him. No one can replace him in your heart. At night, he's the last thing you think about, and the first person you want to see in the morning.

Yeah, girls these are the four kinds of boyfriends you'll ever have. Guys, one of these days I'll write about the kinds of girlfriends you'll have. Or something similar.

No comments: