Mga Sumasampalataya

Oct 24, 2006

ENTRY 70: MY 1ST 24 BIRTHDAYS

Nope, my birthday's still months away from today, but I just don't have anything to write to you right now, and I don't want to be redundant. So now I'll be writing about the most memorable birthdays I had...

Obviously my 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th birthdays I have trouble remembering, seeing as I was practically a toddler back then. THe only reason I know that I celebrated parties back then was because there were pictures (and I was crying in most of them). I think it was a tradition that my cousins put icing on my face, and I guess I didn't like it back then. And I am doing my best to make sure that that tradition continues with my nephews and nieces (such cute little devils they all are).

My 7th birthday probably was my first memorable party. I mean children who turn 7 normally have a grand celebration, right? I had 2 celebrations for this one, the first was in my pre-school which was like the best birthday ever celebrated that year (I shared the same date of birth as the school principal). And then one at home. In our street, I think I was the first kid to have a merry-go-round in my party. I also received tons of gifts (some of which were stolen by jealous kids... hopefully not from my family).

My 9th birthday, my mum became creative and threw me a surprise party. The first and only one I had. So that was nice. I have no recollections as to what else happened then, only that when I came home from school, there were balloons all over our place.

My 13th birthday I celebrated with my best friends in 6th grade. We ate in Pizza Hut, and that was fun. But the most interesting thing that happened on that day was my first ever kiss... with my cousin. She thought that I'm practically a grown-up already, so I have to learn how to kiss good. And that was great (that is of course you think incest is cool)!!!

When I turned 15, that was the first time I brought home some classmates to celebrate the special day with me. It was a riot, and of course so much fun... until some of my friends came back from a scooter injury.

2000 was when I first celebrated my birthday as a college student. There was a huge rally in Mendiola (if you must know my bday is on the 24th of February and rallyists usually choose that day to protest or celebrate the EDSA Revolution Anniversary). We watched this Russell Crowe film which was boring. But it was memorable because my friends gave me a surprise party (and gift) afterwards.

February 24, 2002 was when I met the person who for the first time totally broke my heart. Nuff said.

Last year was the first time I celebrated my birthday party with my co-workers. That was cool. The celebration was for my birthday as well as the blessing for our new house. I believe more than 30 of the people I work with came over to eat and drink. Some of which didn't even bother to greet me that day (tsk tsk).

This year was sort of the same, but I spent my birthday at home and on an unplanned leave. I just wanted to rest that day. Forget about the worries at work, and just slept for most of the day. That was cool. I got like 3 perfumes from my aunt in the States.

Now the question is, how will I celebrate my birthday next year? Hmmm...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi there! i've been surfin'the net and a co-employee of mine recommended blogspot.com..so i registered then i surf and surf then this site caught my attention, i made some rough reading on your post, you explained well, good writer huh! you seem cool, i kinda relate on some of your insights. :) gee, peace out! :)