Mga Sumasampalataya

Oct 7, 2006

ENTRY 62: FINAL FANTASY XII

IT'S HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been waiting for this game for 2 years now... It's great... I've only played it for like 4 hours only, but I'm still excited about it... I don't know how often I'll be playing this, but I'm sure it will take most of my restdays and rest hours to finish this... Oh crap, and I bought a new book... I might put it off for awhile...

The graphics are WAY better than x-2... And it's got a different (yet similar) gameplay... It's still turn-based, but in a real-time manner... I can't explain it well, but that's how the game goes now... It's still easy to pick up and understand though...

Like I said, I'm only four hours in the game... There are still a lot to play, and it's way too early to tell if this will be my favorite game... But just like the last Final Fantasy game (which I chose over a potential lover)... This is one pleasant distraction that will take my time away from having a decent social life...

*****

The other potential social-life-killing-entertainment I picked up yesterday was a copy of Neil Gaiman's Anansi Boys... It's one GOOD book... I'm only 5 chapters in, and I'm already completely engrosse by the story... Fat Charlie's father just died, to his relief... You see Fat Charlie's father embarassed the hell out of the poor kid... But his dad is no ordinary dad, he's Anansi, the trickster god... And he's got another son... Who's inherited every bad trait his father would've had... more notably, his POWERS... That's where I'm at right now... but things are looking bad for Fat Charlie... very BAD!!!

*****

As much as I would like to write a review of The Departed... I slept ALL THROUGHOUT the movie... NOt that it's bad... But I was just very tired... I woke up during the credits... I wasn't even able to finish the trailers during the first part of the screening... That's like 150 bucks flushed down the drain... Good thing I was not snoring during my sleep (or was I?)... who cares...

No comments: