Mga Sumasampalataya

Oct 20, 2006

ENTRY 67: THE GUARDIAN


I saw this movie last weekend... It was long... Normally, I won't have a problem with long movies, but this one... awfully dragging...

It's basically a story about two men who are both trying to redeem themselves from past mistakes. The teacher (Kevin Costner) lost his wife and his best friend. The student (Ashton Kutcher) trying to make up from a deadly mistake he did in the past. It's pretty much predictable what's going to happen. They don't like each other first, but then they find something common and then they both become good friends.

Why do I say it's too long. There are a lot of scenes that would've been better off cut from the movie. It's not that bad... but it's not that good either. I could've slept through the entire movie, but I don't want to watch it again. Wherein films would've helped in making you interested to sign up on the job, this one does the opposite. I don't want to be a lifeguard anymore after watching that. I don't even know how to swim.

I don't know what's up with Kevin Costner. I think this is his effort to make up for a long list of very bad films (no offense meant to his fans), but this did not quite make up for it. It sort of sucks... Just like The War, The Postman, Dragonfly, Waterworld... I hope he'd realize that if he continues doing these kinds of films, his almost dying career would truly be over... Where's the guy who starred in Dances with Wolves and The Bodyguard? Oh well

Rating: 6/10

No comments: