Mga Sumasampalataya

Feb 15, 2010

SCATTERED THOUGHTS: 100TH POST EDITION

So Valentine's Day just passed by quickly. I was supposed to go out on a man-date yesterday with a fellow single but straight friend, but he bailed out on the last minute so I was left with nothing to do.

The good thing about owning a console is that if you find yourself left out when everyone was out on a date, you'd still have something to occupy the time. That's 25k well spent.

So on the 14th of February 2010, I did nothing the whole day. Typical.

************
My birthday week's next week.

I've pretty much planned out what I'm going to do for the whole five days that I'm on leave, I just hope that those plans push through. Specially the one planned for the weekend.

So I'll be 28 by then. Some would cry. Others would be in denial. There are also those who won't accept growing older. But I'm fine with it. Age is just a number anyway, it's how you live your life that matters.

************
I'm not sure why, but earlier today I've been tripping on Dishwalla's Somewhere In the Middle. Like the whole day, this was the only song I was listening to. Well that and Duffy's Piece Of My Heart, but mostly Dishwalla.

I'm a lyrics guy, and the song doesn't make much sense to me, but I can't help but relate to it's chorus.

tripping hard falling down onto the ground
cause I can't stand up
and I can't fall down
and I'm somewhere in the middle of this

Anyway, regardless, I still love this song.

************
Saturday morning I found myself reading through different threads in PinoyExchange. I owe alot to this site, as this was the one that introduced me to the wonderful world of blogging. This is where I met the first person who crossed the line between online and real life friend.

Anyway, I don't know how, but I stumbled upon the local showbusiness thread.

I remember back when I was in high school, one topic that usually gets my gay classmates all loud and violent is the network war. Cable tv wasn't that big back then, so it's mostly channel 2 vs 7. I remember my classmates usually take these topic more seriously than Economics, GMRC or History (I personally think my classmates' opinions on network wars are more interesting than the subjects, except for English Literature).

I was just surprised that even now, eleven years after I graduated from high school, the network war is still raging. People still get violent defending their favorite tv station. And internet ethics are still thrown out the window because of this. It's like nothing really changed.

************
Oh yeah, that weird stalker person is back. And he's creepier than ever.

I honestly thought I'd hear the last from that blogger when I removed him from my friendster and facebook and blocked his username over at ym. But he still lingered.

I thought maybe I should stop posting cheesy stuff in my other blog. Everytime I post one, that's when creepy stalker guy usually starts to message me again. I should leave the cheesy posts here, a blog he's discovered once and didn't come back to again.

Maybe I should take that as a compliment, you know having people respond the way he does to the things I write. But then again, he crossed a line that is acceptable to me or to any sane person out there.

Or maybe I should stop talking about creepy stalkers. I'm pretty sure there's someone out there who thinks I'm one too.

16 comments:

rudeboy said...

WHEEEE!!!! 100th Post!!! W00t, w00t!

itsMePeriod said...

congrats at naka-100th post ka na..

28? hindi 18th birthday?

:D

Skron said...

Ah, so I'm not the only who dated a pixelated video game character on Valentine's Day then.

Kinda sucks right? But at least it's better than nothing.

Hope we'd get real dates for next year. Advance Happy Birthday as well.

red the mod said...

Alone time is always time well-spent Engel. Even when it entails relishing digital destruction, or role-playing realms. Good luck on your upcoming birthday. I'm sure it will be loads of fun. Even when its spent indoors.

28th. I wonder how I'd spend my upcoming birthday. If I'll continue my traditional out-of-town introspection, or I'd be chest-deep in professional pressures.

Advanced Happy Birthday pare!

paci said...

salutations, congratulations, and happy birthday celebration are in order!!! =)

Chuck said...

advance happy birthday!

the geek said...

100th post...curious on what will engel write in 101...;)

Ronnie said...

Wow. 100th post! Parabens!
and oh, advance happy birthday =)

Maxwell Flux said...

happy 100th post. and advance happy birthday. :)

Jay Quiambao said...

Congrats and advance Happy Birthday Engel! Mwah!

engel said...

i think i'm gonna stop writing birthday stuff. i'm afraid no one's going to greet me on that day anymore.

but i appreciate all the bday greetings guys. Thank you!!!

geek: we'll see. =)

red: i don't think i'll be alone this year. i have work on my bday, then for the next few days i'll be with different friends.

skron: yeah. spent the day with Ezio from Assassin's Creed 2. and i'll wish the same for you too. =)

anteros: i have no problem with my age. so yep, i'll be 28.

Jepoy Dee said...

10oth post yipeeee!!!!

heypi bday ulet. sarap, long weekend . enjoy enjoy engel :D

Darc Diarist said...

inggit ako sa five-day leave.

@geek: ano nga kaya ang 101st post, hmmm...

bunwich said...

congratulations!

citybuoy said...

happy hundredth! at happy 28th narin in advance! :D

Angelo said...

happy 28th soon! :) 28 is a beautiful age. it's my favorite birthday... so far. :)