Mga Sumasampalataya

Feb 9, 2010

THE BIRTHDAY WISH

The birthday is still a few weeks away, and I know it's too early to make a wish, but I'll still do it anyway.

For my 28th year of existence I was thinking of maybe expanding my circle of friends. You remember what I said about online friends being different from real friends. Well I'd like for this year to have a few people cross that line.

I was debating whether to post this or not as there have been alot of people who've been really nice to me since I made the big move to this new home. There've been alot of people who have figured out who I am and I don't want to miss out on these people. But if I start writing them all down this would pretty much be the longest post you'll ever read. So I thought I have to just limit this list to people who I get to communicate outside of this blog and people who I'd really really want to meet.

TERNIE - Yeah, I'd start with him. In the six months that I've written on this blog, he's probably the closest to crossing the line of online friend and real friend. I've opened up to this guy during the time I was really frustrated. I don't think we have alot in common, and sometimes I think I annoy him. But whatever, I think he's a cool guy. Not sure about busilak, mayumi and dalisay, but I'm pretty sure he's a good person.

MARK - The other person that I get to communicate outside of this blog on a semi-regular basis. Mark is someone I'm pretty sure I have a number of things in common. I get a little insecure because I think he's kind of someone who's out of my league statuswise, but he tells me he's just a regular person. And I appreciate that. Although I'm not sure if that'll ever happen (meeting him), he seems to be an in-demand guy, but who knows. The one time I thought that I was about to meet this guy, I actually looked forward to it, but unfortunately it didn't happen. He's one of the people I enjoy texting or ym'ing with, so there you go.

JOMS - One of the first few people that befriended me in the blogosphere. I think I've known him for about two years now, but I've never actually met him. I've been very vocal about saying that I'm a huge fan of his writing. I may not share his views about some things, but regardless I still think he puts them down in really poignant ways. He's the type of writer I really wanted to be.

ASH - People say that he does not do meet-ups. And I could understand that, knowing his predicament. If I was in his place I'd really really be careful with the people I meet too. Anyway, if ever the chance happens, I have a lot of questions in mind that I wanted to ask him. I mean I could always ask him through YM, but it's different if you're in front of that person. Meeting him is probably the birthday wish that I'm never going to get, but that's okay.

RUDEBOY - The other night, Ternie and I was talking about him, and we both agreed that he is very much fit where he works. He is a smart guy and he really is cool. Ruddie seems to be just like Ash, a person I'd never get to meet. I respect the need to keep his anonimity. I once wanted the same thing. He seems to be the type of person who would make any topic interesting. A real advertising man.

MAXWELL - Maxwell's one of the people I'd really want to communicate with outside of our blogs. He seems to be a very interesting blogger. Someone I think I have things in common with. Okay, at one point I'd say he was one of my online crushes. I really don't know what else to say about Max because I don't get to interact with him other than here and in his home, but I still think he's someone I will get along okay with.

GOODBOI - Ahhh Goodboi, I don't know if we'll get along well in real life. He disagrees with some of the things I write here, but he does so without being insulting. And that's one of the reasons I find him interesting. Opposites attract (not in a romantic way), and Goodboi seems to be the person who eventhough I have different views with, would still be someone that would be fun to hangout with. I enjoy being with intelligent people, and I think he's one of those people.

NYL - He's the newest guy I got to talk to outside our respective blogs. I've always been a fan of his writing, as he seems to often post some really poignant posts. The type of person who makes alot of sense. And like alot of people on this list, a person you know is learned. I can't help but agree with alot of what he writes and sometimes or often, I'm moved with the things he shares with us his readers. That's enough for me to put him on my list of bloggers I'd like to meet.

DOMINIC - Knowing the nature of this blog, any straight blogger who reads this blog, let alone follow and comment in most of my post is a keeper. It also helps that he is a good cook. He asked me one time what I wanted for my birthday, and I said, I'm okay if he lets me taste some of his specialties. I'd like to taste the spaghetti he once posted on his blog. That looked yummy.

ALEXIS JAY - He promised a coffee meet-up so he could could convince me to vote for Noynoy. He's on hiatus right now, and his presence is sorely missed, specially by this blogger. I think he's straight so don't get any ideas. I'm not sure what happened to this guy, but I'm hoping he comes back soon. I miss his posts.

HENRY - I promised this guy I'll lend him some of my comic books and I'm going to stay true to that word. Although I've given up trying to convince him to finally put some closure regarding his dilemma, he's still the type of person I'd like to meet. I haven't talked to the guy lately as he always caught me at a bad time, but I think we still have alot to catch up on.

There are still alot of people I would want to meet. But this post is super long already, so I'd cut it for the meantime. I'm sure there will be another post like this soon. There's still like five or more people that comes to mind when it comes to people I'd like to meet, so don't hate on me if you don't see your name here.

Peace.

21 comments:

engel said...

darn, this was long. :D

red the mod said...

Goes to show how expansive your network of friends have become. I've always believed that the shortest route to healing is with the company of friends. And I reckon, your very much on your way.

Skron said...

You let other people touch your comics? You're more generous than I am.

Jay Quiambao said...

advance happy birthday engel!

the geek said...

is it too early for you to blow the candle? hehehe

itsMePeriod said...

advance happy "18th" birthday :D

Darc Diarist said...

two people in this list i wanna meet too. one of them i really want to be friends with. hehe

haberdey! :P

lol @ geek.

Eternal Wanderer... said...

Aw

*blush*

for the record, you don't anoy me at all ;)

advanced happy birdie!

Maxwell Flux said...

Advance Happy Birthday!

aw, tenks man. see you soon. ;)

lee said...

a couple of bloggers in your list i'd also like to get to know more outside their homes =D

Sensei Jery said...

naks. happy bday.. im just a fairly new acquaintance so i wasn' expecting me in the list.

happy bday, glad to be a follower!

citybuoy said...

aww aym su tats. hehe happy birthday in advance. i would be more than happy to make your acquaintance. :D i have a mental list of people i want to meet offline too and you're definitely part of it.

goodboi said...

Hey Engel, it's flattering to have my name included in the list. It's also good to hear that you take my arguments positively. Thank you for understanding; to enter into arguments and debates is just my way of stimulating further thinking. We ALL like to think, that's why we write, right? Just let me know if I am going overboard. ;)

Oh, to talk about intelligence is another thing, which by the way goes beyond this. Anyway, thank you and happy birthday in advance, man!

yodi said...

Whew, I'd like to meet these people too. The blogosphere has this nice effect on me -- communicating and confiding to a total stranger...
BTW.. Advance Ha-P B-day

iurico said...

advance happy birthday!

engel said...

to the early well-wishers, thank you for the greetings!!!

goodboi: like i said before, i like how you keep me grounded. that's why you're ok on my book.

nyl: thanks. one of these days, nyl. =D

sensei jery: i followed your blog because i find your writings interesting. and it would be nice to get to know you better as well!!

geek: the bday is still a couple of weeks away. i think.

skron: yeah, but if they as much as put a dent on my comic books, i'd be more than willing to commit manslaughter. =D

red: yeah, friends make it easier for us to move on faster.

rudeboy said...

Oooh, I made Schindler errrr Engel's List!

Since you referred to Ternie, as well, I'll tell you what I told him regarding a face-to-face meeting.

I'm not averse to it, for I'm curious to meet some of you, too.

All in good time ;)

And advance greetings, Pisces. Yet another thing you and I have in common.

MakMak said...

Yihee! :)
Happy Birthday, Engel!

It's a small world. We'll run into each other perhaps sooner than you think.

Jepoy Dee said...

Happy Bday Engel!!!

salamat sa pagdaan sa blog ko at pagcocomment. isa ka sa madalas magcomment dun. ahihihi.

kaso dinelete ko na blog ko, adik lang ako kasi :D

anyway, happy bday ulet and sana makilala pa kita kahit wala na akong blog.

magbabasa pa rin ako ng mga entries mo at magcocomment ahihihi :D

Bryan Anthony said...

the present is on its way... hbd!

lin said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛,色情,080苗栗人聊天室,免費a片,視訊美女