Mga Sumasampalataya

Dec 7, 2006

ENTRY 89: ABOUT SONGS

My choices of music are not really eccentric. For me, as long as a song sounds nice on the ear, then that's good enough for me. I love to hear easy listening music. When I was younger I preferred songs played on Magic 89.9, but then it was one of the causes of my having insomnia during my college days. So what I did was, I started listening to Wave 89.1. The songs there during the evening are slow, and they had Paolo Santos on every week, so it was all good for me. But then the songs they play during the day were not my cup of tea, so I looked for another radio station.

Just last year, I discovered 94.7. The songs they were playing were slow ones, but then they're playing current tunes too. So I stuck with that. Until now, I'm more into that station. They regularly play some of my favorites and that's just pleasant for me.

I'm more of a love songs kind of guy (being single and all that romantic stuff). I imagine myself kissing 'the one' with Texas' "In Demand" on the background. I will never forget the time that I slept with my ex while Seal's Kiss From A Rose and Love Divine was playing on the background. Some songs just gives you that.

And it's not just about sex. There are songs that makes me remember some of the best times of my life.

As I Lay Me Down - 1st year high school outing...
You and Me - my eternal crush
Fallin' - my first crush from when I came to the company I'm working for right now.
In Demand - my first kiss
Love Divine - the sweetest thing done to me by my ex
Brighter Than Sunshine - An unforgettable date from my college days
Monster - This one's by Paula Cole... I don't know, somehow I remember Dawson's Creek
You're Beautiful - Again my eternal crush, the love of my life that will never be
She Runs Away - a road trip we had my first year of college

These are just some of the songs that I really like to listen to these days.

How To Save A Life, Over My Head, Para Sa Akin, Chasing Cars, Piano In The Dark, Far Away, Dreaming With A Broken Heart, Need To Be Next To You, What About Love and Irreplaceable.

No comments: