Mga Sumasampalataya

Dec 5, 2006

ENTRY 88: BORAT


If you're a Filipino, you'll immediately find the title of this film hilarious as the meaning of this name's quite disgusting if you translate it to our vernacular. Now if you're in the Philippines you'll think 'what the hell are the parents thinking naming their son Borat?!' That boy would live his life in shame if ever that happens.

Anyway, the movie Borat, just like it's moniker is hilarious as hell. Probably, the funniest movie I've seen this year. A 360 degree turn from all the dreadful horror flicks that I've seen recently. Not one minute of the movie did I wipe the smirk off my face. Sasha Baron Cohen is a comedic genius. The whole film is genius.

The story is about a Kazakhstani reporter going to America to learn about their culture to help their great country of Kazakhstan. There he's brought chaos and confusion with his rude comments and ignorant quips. I especially like what happened during the dinner with the upperclass people. That was classic. You have to watch it yourself because I don't know how to write what happened in that particular scene.

Anyway, it's one of the best films this year, and I do not regret watching the movie. I definitely would've regretted missing this film.

RATING 9/10

No comments: