Seriously though, there's something I've been meaning to post here, I just don't know how to say it yet. I'd like to know other people's opinion on the matter. It's just it's still too early. And it's something that I can still manage. Don't worry, I don't have a problem. At least not yet.
But for now, I'll leave you with something I posted over a year ago. Edited of course, because I'm a much better person now.
Do not get me wrong, this is not a plea for me to be in a relationship. These things, for it to work out, takes time. It's just I was thinking the other day, I'm a nice guy. I should be, if given a chance, a good boyfriend. While I may not be that gifted in the looks department (konti lang...), I have other things going for me.
No, I haven't been dumped recently. I actually haven't had time to pursue a lovelife lately. But being single for almost a year now gets me thinking. What makes me a good boyfriend?
- I'm smart. That means that I can carry an intelligent conversation. While I'm not interested in politics, religion, economy or current events. I make sure, that I know what I'm talking about. And hey, I may let you win debates or conversations from time to time.
I know and understand that you need some alone time yourself. If you want to have time to hang out with your friends. No questions asked, I'll let you.
- I'm not needy, clingy or will be dependent on you. I myself hate parasites, and I'm not like that. I respect your space, and will only come in if you let me.
- I am not demanding. Nuff said.
- I'm a good listener.
- I guess it doesn't hurt that I'm a good kisser.
- Oh yeah, and I have great friends that are not a bad influence on me.
I am spontaneous and I don't back out on adventures. I guess that's nice for making great dates.
- In a weird way, parents like me. i guess it's the good boy image that I show off. If they only knew...
- I have a sense of humor. Seriously!!!
- I may not be rich, but I'm pretty much generous. But that's only once a month. Cuz you know, I get paid only monthly.
Like I said earlier, I'm not writing this so that I could be someone's boyfriend. It's cool being single. But I don't find anything wrong in being in a relationship as well. This is just me thinking out loud.
Don't take this as me being a self-centered prick. That's a quality you'll learn to love about me. But I really believe that everything that is written there is true.
So anyway, in keeping with the interactivity of this blog, let me ask: What makes you a good boyfriend/girlfriend?