Mga Sumasampalataya

Jul 4, 2009

FOOD TRIP PART DEUX

Pigging out is probably one of the best things to do when you're bonding with friends. Nothing makes bonding much better than when you have good food to share with.

Thanks to Louise (my officemate), I've been introduced to some really good places to dine in. So I thought, maybe it's about time I write again about some of the better places in the metro (or in Tagaytay) where you can enjoy some nice bonding moments at. If not the bonding, at least the food will make your visit there worthwhile.

MOM AND TINA'S BAKERY - I have a sweet tooth and I like what I tasted there. That's enough reason for me to start recommending this place. I'm not sure how many branches this little bakery has, but the one I've visited is the one at the back of Greenbelt. Man, they have the yummiest cupcakes and I loved the Silvanas from this shop. And I've only had a little taste, but their lasagna is the best. Just thinking about it makes me hungry... and I just ate.

FAT MICHAEL'S - Located in Bangkal, Makati, upon arrival you'd easily assume that the place is just like a little home that sells food. It actually looks like some family's sala. But don't let the look fool you, this place has some of the best food I've tasted. I loved every dish that was served to us when our team ate there yesterday. I'm not sure if we were entertained by the owners, but they were really nice. Stuff like that will make you want to always visit the place. It might be a little difficult to find if you're not familiar with the metro, but just like with treasures... it's going to be worth it.

MARCIANO'S - If you're looking for some fine dining places in the city without paying for the real thing, I suggest you visit Marciano's in Greenbelt. I've been there only twice, and had the same order, just because I really liked it. An order of a salad and pizza was more than enough to share if you're on a date and it's not gonna cost you as much. The waiters are quick and not difficult to call unlike in every other place, and the food just tastes great.

CHILI'S - This was were I was last night. This is a great place to hang out with your friends. Food is served in large portions and the environment just really spells f-u-n!!! I actually celebrated my second birthday this year last night here. It wasn't really my birthday, but I just went along with it, for the free ice cream. I loved the pasta, it was really good, and while not really the best, I've been craving for hot wings for a very long time. It's a great place to just chill and bond with your friends.

BAG OF BEANS - This quaint little restaurant in the middle of Tagaytay has some of the best pies I've tasted. Bag of Beans just may be a nice place to go out on a date because of the ambience. It may not have the scenic view of the main spots beside the cliff, but it really is cozy. You can bring your family there, because it's the type of place where you could impress people with your taste in food.

*****
Chili's is a memorable to me because of two things: One, I wore an 80s costume during our account's Christmas Party and two, last night was the first time I celebrated a fake birthday party. I've only seen these things on tv, I realized that stuff like these do happen in real life too.

24 comments:

Badong said...

fake birthday party? bakit mo naman naisip yun? masubukan nga, hehe

ACRYLIQUE said...

Haha. Nagkaroon na ako ng fake birthday party sa ofis. Ayaw nila maniwala na hindi iyon ang birthday ko. Binigyan nila ako ng sariling birthday. Darn! kaya hayun binigyan ako ng party. haha!


I will pig-out pagkatapos ng bed rest ko. I will surely pig-out!

SEAQUEST said...

i loved in tagaytay always yan, basta nagkaayaan kami ng tropa kahit nakamotor sumisibat anong gagawin, hahaha,lapang kung lapang lang naman sarap...just piggingout..ssshh, okey lang out of diet muna..

EngrMoks said...

Nabiktima mo na ko tol sa facebook..kaya hindi na mauulit yan sa blog... pero, Happy Birthday pa rin! lol
Nakita ko din ang blog mo na may picture kasama ka...

poging (ilo)CANO said...

may fake birthday pala!.hehehe

nagutom ako dito ah.....

EǝʞsuǝJ said...

the best talaga sa Chili's

-good food (most specially steak)
-ambiance (haha nalito ko sa spelling anak ng teteng! ...ganito na lang "ambyans" hahaha....

nakakagutom yan Gil,
happy fake birthday to you..wahihi

jayvie said...

mukhang interesting yung fat michael's ah. =)

fake birthday party! funny ka talaga hahaha =)

bea trisha said...

i agree...
dining out with the people you love is fun!
nice!

Raft3r said...

nyahaha
may libreng cake ba dyan?
hehe

miss ko na tagaytay
pero sa sobrang trapik sa south
i dare not go there muna

san yun sa bangkal?
very interesting

gillboard said...

badong: hindi ako nag-isip nun, yung adik kong kabarkada.. na nalasing sa iced tea... hehehe

acrylique: sana ganunin din ako sa office... hehehe

gillboard said...

seaquest: yun yung gusto kong gawin... mag road trip na nakamotor...

mokong: hehe.. upload ako agad baka kasi walang maniwala na may sumama sa gimik ko.. hehehe

gillboard said...

ilocano: sige kain lang... masarap yan.. kumain...

jen: lam ko ambience ang tamang spelling... la lang.. hehehe

gillboard said...

jayvie: ang sarap dun... gusto ko nga bumalik.. magtake out lang ng kebab...

bea trisha: it always is... good food and good company = fun.

raft3r: pagbaba ng flyover sa edsa galing makati..

The Gasoline Dude™ said...

Parang narinig ko na dati 'yang FAT MICHAEL'S. Hindi ba 'yan 'yung kelangan mo munang tumawag at magpa-reserve bago ka pumunta kasi nga sobrang liit ng place?

gillboard said...

yup... ang alam ko kelangan mo tumawag... pero siguro kung punta ka dun ng patay na oras, okay lang...

eMPi said...

hmmm... nakakatakam naman ang mga sinasabi mong food dito...

Dear Hiraya said...

parang gusto ko tuloy mag resto hopping hahaha! saya niyan!

---

nga pala, plugging muna hehehe

kindly vote me here>> http://blognirey.com/ look 4 d vote portion on the right side

super thanks!

escape said...

i heard of bag of beans but never been there yet. fat michael's ambiance is quite odd but i think with really pleasing people serving and good food, it will be great!

ZaiZai said...

kakagutom naman ang post na to :)

my-so-called-Quest said...

wow! part ce-deux... hehe

GB! namiss ko blog mo ah! haha. pasensya ngayon lang ulit. neways, good food plus good friends = great times talaga! hehe

i love Silvanas too. try ko yan! hehe


o panu ingats!

Chyng said...

yung Marciano's, 2nd level ng GB3?

gillboard said...

marco paolo: honga... ako din nagutom..

fjordz: okidoks..

the dong: mababait naman yung mga tao dun... basta enjoy dun.

gillboard said...

zaizai: kain ka dun sa mga nakarecommend sa post..

ced: onga doc... masyado ka na ata busy.. hehehe.. ok lang yan... naiintindihan ko...

chyng: yup thats the one...

domjullian said...

sarap ng shepherd's pie sa bag of beans!