Mga Sumasampalataya

Mar 13, 2009

UP AND COMING

I'm on a tight budget every month now since I have alot of things to pay, but there are just some things that regardless of my financial difficulties, I still can't find a way to resist it's calling. Obviously, comics is one of them... the other thing is movies. May it be an original DVD, or the ones playing in theatres. If there is a heavily hyped movie, expect me to join the bandwagon of zombies needing to see the movie. I'm gullible like that.

The thing though, for Watchmen, I'm just going to wait for the DVD so I could watch it while having my copy of the series on my lap.

Anyway, this post is just to let you know of the films coming out this year that I'm looking forward to see. They'll mostly come out this summer... so yeah it's almost all action-adventure films.
X-MEN ORIGINS: WOLVERINE
Just like Iron Man last year, Marvel will open the summer movie season with another of their popular creation. This time it's the X-Man/Avenger Wolverine. The film will show Logan's movie history (I don't expect this to be faithful to the comics anymore). Appearances from nerd favorites Deadpool, Gambit and Sabretooth are already in place, so I expect this to be a good one. I'm not that excited, but I like Wolverine, so we'll see how this one fares.
TRANSFORMERS: REVENGE OF THE FALLEN
I loved the original film. I loved the cartoon. I loved the toys. So I have high expectations on this movie. Details regarding the story of this film are scarce so I have no idea what it's going to be about. Michael Bay promises more action, alot of new robots and a more international approach as compared to the first film. I hear Soundwave'll make an appearance here... So yeah!!! I'm cool with that.
G I JOE: THE RISE OF COBRA
Yeah, another toy line that turned into a hit cartoon series is now a major motion picture. I've seen the trailer, and I'm not as hyped up here as say Transformers. But I'm an 80's baby, and I had these toys, and I watched the cartoons religiously, so I am waiting for this movie to come out. I want to see Snake Eyes vs Storm Shadow. I want to see Sienna Miller in the Baroness outfit. I want to see Duke, Scarlett, Destro and Cobra Commander. Call me a geek, but I don't care. I know deep inside, you want to see them too.. Now, if only Thundercats and Visionaries ever have a movie, hmmm...
DISNEY'S UP
Call me whatever you want, but Pixar's never failed me since Toy Story. So I have high hopes that this movie is going to make me giddy. This is the story of a balloon salesman who goes off and travel the world on his house that's carried by a gazillion balloons. Search google for the 2nd trailer of this film, and I swear you'll fall in love with this movie too. There's no adorable robot here, or funny monsters or little fishies... but there's a talking dog. And old man stories never failed to put a tear in my eye...
HARRY POTTER AND THE HALF BLOOD PRINCE
Now this isn't my favorite book in the series. It's actually slow, and there are no huge action scenes. Nevertheless, this is one of the most important chapters of the entire Harry Potter series. Here, we find out who is Voldemort, what his weakness is, and someone really important dies. I'm not sure how Harry'll be viewed now that videos of his nekkidness has spread all throughout the internet. But in any case, still looking forward to this movie as I am a big fan of Rowling's work. And this series is one of the rare films that stayed completely faithful to it's original written version.
ANGELS & DEMONS
I'll be honest, I was really REALLY disappointed when I saw The Davinci Code. It was a faithful adaptation from the book (well except for the ending), but my thought was that the excitement and awe I got from reading did not translate in the film version. I am hopeful that this one would be different, as this is a different story altogether. I didn't like the climax of the book, as it seemed unrealistic, but over-all I thought that the book was equally exciting. Ron Howard hopefully, took the criticisms from his original film and hopefully this'll be a better story. And Tom Hanks looks better with the shorter hair than what he sported in Davinci. So things are starting to look up.
LAND OF THE LOST
I have seen the trailer of this film, and it cracked me up (click here)I have not seen the original version, and am very unfamiliar with the story. This is actually a remake of a very old film. This movie stars Will Ferrell as an explorer who gets sucked into a world where dinosaurs and weird alien-like creatures still ruled the planet. Man, the interview with Matt Lauer and Will Ferrell... gold!!!

34 comments:

Skron said...

G.I. Joe. I know the movie looks stupid, and it's probably stupid, like Van Damme's Street Fighter stupid. But I'm a big fan so I'm still going to watch it.

Chyng said...

Hi gilbert,

Andameng upcoming good movies! Di pala ko naniniwala na on tihgt budget ka.. Yaman mo eh.

Bldgmate,

I have to let you know na last day ko na sa bldg naten. Lipat na kame tonight...

gillboard said...

skron: i know... it looks kinda silly... pero siya din naman nagdirek ng Mummy Returns... favorite ko yun.. so hopefully it'll be good din.. kahit konti.

chyng: onga.. nabalitaan ko sa comment mo kay Dabo... yaan mo, isang araw magkikita din tayo... hehehe...

Chyng said...

Mahal kasi sa ___ kaya nilipat na kame dun... Eh yung compnay nyo ilang floors pa nga ino-occupy! hehe

Magkikita din tayo.. Malay mo sa Harbor Sq! (--,)

aajao said...

HP! di ko nami-miss ang movie nyan. kahit hindi ako nagbabasa ng books nya. hehehe

Ron Centeno said...

For sure papanoorin ko yung transformers.

I have all the Harry Potter books pero wala pa akong nababasa. Wala pa rin akong napapanood na Harry Potter Film. Hehehehehe!

. said...

Parang gusto ko yung movie na Up. Hehehe. Thanks Gillboard. Hanap muna ako ng manlilibre sakin. Lol.

gillboard said...

kuya jon: actually, mas maganda yung libro.. pero okay pa rin, kasi nakakamangha talaga yung pelikula... parang gusto mo matuto talaga ng magic

ron: start mo na magbasa... ako nung la ako work, binasa ko ulit lahat...

joms: nagpaparinig ba? hehehe joke!!!

MysLykeMeeh said...

Kahit economy recession...--eh, hindi yata nag- crisis ang comics---patuloy pa rin...

Anonymous said...

i-torrent na lang yang mga yan! haha.

although syempre, wala pa ring tatalo sa experience sa loob ng theatre lalo na pag ganyang yung mga movies!

gillboard said...

lyk meeh: mas nagmamahal pa nga sila eh.. hay

yoshke: oo naman... sabay nginig nginig pa ng paligid dahil sa base... tapos kasama mo date mo... hay... masaya rin naman yung mag-isa para walang istorbo.

JedMeister said...

how bout new moon?

i'm so gonna watch x-men origins: wolverine and transformers 2! :) harry potter?? ano yan? hehe!

Anonymous said...

me.. di masyado mahilig sa movie, but if harry potter na ang ipapalabas di ko yan pinapalampas para kc ang sarap mag magic...

dumaan uli :)

gillboard said...

jed: di ko pa napapanuod, at la ako balak panuorin ang Twilight... ayaw ko magsimula magsalita tungkol sa seryeng yan... hehehe...

angel: salamat sa pagdaan muli... hehehe... tsaka ayun nga... wala pako napapalampas na kahit anong related kay HP...

Dhianz said...

...magaling kah kuya Gillboard sa pag-movie review ahh...

akoh yeah lookin forward of watchin' d' transformers: revenge of the fallen... graveh 'ung isang transformer ilang beses namen napanood sa haus... kakaaliw kc eh...

and disney's up... bah nde akoh aware dyan ahh... mukhang maganda ah at nakakaliw... i'm a disney fan kc eh... so yeah mapanood nga...

harry potter naman not updated w/ it... nde lahat napanood koh... parang masaya nga basahin sana 'ung lahat nang books eh kaso 'la eh... i got no time... pero mukhang maganda... maybe i'll watch it later...

...kme naman we don't usually buy dvd now... meron kc kmeng tiga-dl nang free movies.... so yeah...

ingatz lagi kuya Gillboard... Godbless! -di

Anonymous said...

transformers!! yey! go shia!

land of the lost! i havent heard about that. pero since will ferrell yan, im sure that will be hilarious =)

Anonymous said...

Naku, Will Ferrel! Kung minsan may pagka-OA ang acting nya o talagang ganun ang role nya pero natutuhan ko na ring magustuhan sya.. A totally hilarious guy. Pero walang tatalo kay Jim Carrey para sa'kin, wehe

Up, Transformers and Land of the Lost.. Half blood prince (tagal ding hinitay to ah) to mga trip ko..

Panu ka nakakaipon nyan?! hayz

Anonymous said...

HP-HBP! yeyeye! excited na ko!
pati angels and demons. pero for sure masesensor yan. hahay!

Ycej eiram said...

im excited to see harry potter and Transformers and also Angels and Demons. :)

gillboard said...

dhianz: dati din nagdadownload ako ng movies, kaya lang nakalimutan ko na yung site na pinupuntahan ko dati.. hehehe

gravity: it is... tas andun pa si Anne Friel ng Pushing Daisies... hay... can't wait for summer!!!

gillboard said...

dylan: budgeted yan... meron talaga akong pera for films and comics... hehehe... marunong dumiskarte toits..lolz

ced: di naman ata ganun kaanti-church yung story nun.. sa pagkakaalala ko.. illuminati naman siya eh.. so ok lang siguro..

ycej: me too!!! para akong batang kinikilig pag napapanuod ko trailers nila... lolz

abe mulong caracas said...

puro naman inglis pare mga iyun eh

wala bang kaputol ng isang awit part 2?

o kaya hataw na the remake? hehehe

The Pope said...

Sa binigay mong list, 3 ang aabangan ko - X-Men Origins: Wolverine; ang Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen at ang Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. Sana maaga silang mag-release ng DVD copy nito. Kapuri-puri sa maagang movie review mo kaibigang Gillboard.

DRAKE said...

I dont know kung late na kami dito saka isa pa walang sinehan sa saudi, heheheh.Nananood na lang ako sa video streaming websites. Mukhang maganda yung WATCHMEN (teka late na ata yun eh) pero baka parang "twilight" lang na medyo OA na. Ang kwento ubod simple pero bakit hit kasi highly commercialized at dahil sa bidang lalake. Hummmmm parang maganda yung Transformer 2 kasi batang transformer ako eh.

A-Z-3-L said...

salamat sa update...

siguradong bc na naman si BitLord pag naging available na yan for download...

kami kase d2 hindi mahilig manood ng sine... ang style namin, magdadownload kami ng available na movies tapos sabay-sabay naming papanoorin. (with popcorn at sopdrinks!)

Mura ang External Hard Drive dito sa Dubai... doon na lang namin sinesave ang lahat!

gillboard said...

mulong: kaputol ng isang awit?! pelikula ba yun?

the pope: salamat sa pagbisita dito saking tahanan... madami pang dapat abangan na pelikula... kung may pera lang...

gillboard said...

drake: ang watchmen, sa tingin ko, maaappreciate lang talaga ng mga taong nakabasa nung comics, pero di sa mga regular na moviegoer

azel: website ba yan?! di ko na kasi maalala kung saan ba dapat magdownload ng mga movies at series...

Unknown said...

yo sup gillboard?

I'm inviting you to join the EARTH HOUR 2009!

just check it out! :]

http://jeszieboy.blogspot.com/2009/03/flick-that-switch-off-make-difference.html

Anonymous said...

hi! blog hopped! :)

i loved the x-men trilogy! so gonna watch x-men origins: wolverine! hugh jackman. *sigh*

Hoobert the Awesome said...

ATTENTION TO ALL PINOY BLOGGERS: The 'Puerto Princesa Subterranean River National Park' needs our help. With the power of writing vested in you, spread the word to the rest of the world. By doing this, WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

---:|.poOt!

Mac Callister said...

naku ako transformers at harry potter at angels and demons lang aabangan ko i dont care about the others well,maybe abangan ko nalang sa dvd(pirata nga lang LOL)

pusangkalye said...

really looking forward to these---the 1st one---watchmen---has been a complete upset so I hope the other ones would not fail me~~~~

escape said...

these are exactly the movies that im looking forward to see this year. on top of my list is T2 and wolverine.

pero parang kakatawa yung land of the lost. another astig will ferrell movie.

Anonymous said...

hey, i completely agree; the da vinci code was kind of flat compared to the book. but i look forward to seeing what they've done with angels and demons ;-)