Mga Sumasampalataya

Mar 28, 2009

TO MOMMY ROSE

Two days ago, I received an email from a friend to let us know of a great deed that one of my former colleagues did to a fellow Filipino. I thought that it was really something that's inspiring so I decided to just write about it here as well. I want the world to know about this, and I want to share this very inspiring story. This was from an email that was circulated in the office where I used to work.

***********

Rosemarie Cervantes an agent of Team Carlson was on her way to Philippine Charity Sweepstakes office last Monday, March 23 2009 to ask for financial assistance for her husbands’ scheduled exploratory colon surgery. The balance in his Prudential Life Card is not enough to cover the total cost of the surgery because it has already been used for a series of expensive laboratory tests and check ups. On her way to the PCSO office, she took a cab and found a pouch containing P 104,000 and $230 CAN. A total of P144,000.00 pesos more or less the amount she needs to fill the balance of her husbands health card. Her personal needs did not even hinder her from doing a good deed. She directly went to one of the most popular radio stations (DZMM) to ask for assistance in locating the owner since there is no contact number nor local address in the passports and IDs inside the pouch. DZMM then sought assistance from police and The National Press Club. The owner was located, and to cut the long story short, yesterday, Mar 25 2009 the lost pouch was returned to the owner with every penny intact.

The owner is Mr. Dexter Pablo Pasion a nurse and a naturalized Canadian Citizen, from Maple, Ontario . He is very grateful to our own Mommy Rose, as we call her in Carlson. The owner also returned monetary reward for her honesty and integrity.

**********

I have known Mommy Rose since she started working with us in ICT, and ever since, I have not seen bad blood run through her vains. She has been a mother not only to me, but to everyone of the people in our little program. It's really not that hard to believe that she could do something as noble as what she did.


The thing is though, her husband, Joselito "Bobot" Cervantes, had colon surgery this morning.
He has stage 4 colon cancer. The good thing is that it hasn't spread yet. He needs continuous chemo therapy, and that's where they need the support from PCSO. I know the internet is a powerful media, and that's why I wanted to post this.

I ask you now, my fellow bloggers to please pray with me that he will pull through this ordeal. I believe in good karma, but it would greatly help as well if you give Mommy Rose and her family your support, even if it's just by a simple prayer.
One good deed deserves another. Help me out. I rarely do this, and it's not only because it is the right thing, but because I love our Mommy Rose.

26 comments:

DRAKE said...

Yup I will pray for her husband. May God give them enough strength to surpass these challenges. I know they can, God will empower them.

God bless Gill,

Drake

reegomania said...

i'm really proud of Mommy Rose...

love and miss her so much...


"God is too wise to be mistaken,
God is too good to be unkind."

So when we don't understand,
When we don't see His plan,
When we can't trace His hand,
TRUST HIS HEART!!!

poging (ilo)CANO said...

prayer is powefull.....

isasama ko siya sa panalangin ko..

God is good...

pusangkalye said...

I really they could get out of this very difficult and painful situation. I am very much humbled by what Mommy Rose did with the pouch/ money--- it really is a proof that there are heroes among ordinary people......

The Scud said...

life is unfair, isn't it? ang mga mabubuting tao ang nabibigyan ng ganyan klaseng sakit. and those bad people go on living to a ripe age.

i admire her courage. i wish her husband well.

The Gasoline Dude said...

I'll include her in my prayers.

MkSurf8 said...

reinforces my belief in the goodness of a person despite all 'jaded-ness'. nakaka inspire yung ganitong mga kwento.

will include her in my prayers :-)

. said...

Aaminin ko, hindi ko sure kung makaka-pull ako ng ganung nobleness in a desperate situation. I will pray for her husband.

gillboard said...

All: thanks for the prayers guys, we really appreciate it all!!!

reego: welcome to the blogging world!!!

gillboard said...

mksurf8: yes... there are still good people in the world...

joms: i agree, given the circumstances, mahihirapan din ako magdesisyon... kaya proud kaming lahat na kilala namin si Mommy Rose.

Dhianz said...

... wow... bihira na ang taong ganyan ngaun... if ever dat happens 2 me too i don't think gusto koh reng angkinin ang pera... true wala namang nakakaalam na nasa sau ang pera.... and since kelangan moh naman eh di puwedeng gamitin... ba't hwag kalimutan God is watchin' us... and yeah gumawa lang tayo nang mabuti sa kapwa naten... minsan we might not get return or anythin' back sa taong ginawan naten nang mabuti but God sure will return it to yah tentimes more... yeah i'm proud of what she did... and sige... isama koh sa prayer ang husband nyah tonight... i believe God is w/ him naman at w/ mommy rose... nde nyah pababayaan ang mga itoh... so yeah.. GODBLESS! -di

Mac Callister said...

wow she's really kind,and selfless...

yeah hope her husband can get through this ordeal

gillboard said...

dhianz: i hope so... sa bait ng buong pamilya ni Mommy Rose, kaming mga kakilala niya are really praying good things to come out of this ordeal.

mac: we're all praying for Mr. Cervantes' speedy recovery.

tisay said...

aww sana maging okay ang husband nya at ang buong family na rin nya. :)

edison said...

no comment..joke

len said...

Given her situation and the financial crisis that befell to the world, what she did is exemplary. Honesty is still the best policy.

I hope certain politicians can read this. hehehe

I'll include his husband to my prayers.

Richard the Lionheart said...

I hope maging okey ang lahat. Lets pray....

Sama mo na rin ang Daddy ko...

my-so-called-Quest said...

sige sige. pagdadasal ko si mommy rose at ang knyang asawa! malakas ako kay Bro e. hehe


ingats!

escape said...

we will definitely pray for her. galing naman. buti rin at pinost mo ito dito.

kcatwoman said...

oh my gosh,bilib na bilib ako sa ginawa nya.she is noble like you said.it mustve been hard to do something, what a test of her integrity kumbaga, anywaym we will pray for the welfare of her husband, thanks for sharing

Chyng said...

Done! (a prayer for Mr. Bobot Cervantes)

UtakMunggo said...

bless her, and people like her. not everyone could resist such a temptation, she could've easily pocketed the monies, in light of her husband's conditon.

sinasabi ko... nasa pagpapalaki yan ng magulang. so kahit na may edad na si mommy rose mo, i'm sure may nagawang tama yung mismong magulang niya.

Eloisa said...

wow, she's simply amazing. There aren't that many people around anymore, i guess. One good turn deserves another. I hope her husband pulls through...

FaerieTeL said...

aww, very touching...
she and her husband will surely be in my prayers:D

warfairy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
warfairy said...

So nice to hear stories like this. Makes me proud to be a Filipino. Kudos to "Mommy Rose!"

Hope her husband feels better soon.
Good deeds will always be rewarded!