Mga Sumasampalataya

Feb 15, 2009

REPOST: BREAK-UP BOY

Counting down the days before I turn 27, I thought about posting one of the things I wrote about a year ago that gave this blogs it's first few readers. I wanted to post about my Valentine's Eve date, but thought otherwise because I might incur the wrath of those without one yesterday (joke!!!).

And no, I did not get dumped... For one, I'm not courting my date. I'm just enjoying what I have right now.

This is my looking back post.

Honestly, I just don't have anything to write today.

***********

Now I was watching the second season of "How I Met Your Mother" last night and it got me thinking of how us guys usually deal with break ups. What normal guy hasn't been in that situation? Oh yeah, those people who've been single since birth. So anyway, I want to write something today so I guess I'll just list down what I've seen us guys do to cope with ending a relationship. This may apply to girls too... I think.

  • AN UNEXPECTED DIET: When guys break up with someone they love, there's only two outcomes: you lose weight or you gain weight. Let's deal with the first one. THere are guys who lose their appetites. I guess depression overpowers their need to feed. In some ways it turns out good for us, as we become more attractive with less fats. But that only applies to overweight people. Now if a guy already has a thin frame, and then lose weight (like someone I know), there is a possibility he'd look like he'd done drugs.
  • BEER BELLY BOY: The opposite also applies to other dumpees. This is a result of being a patron to beer houses, bars, friend's homes, and/or soaking the sorrow at home. I unfortunately became a victim of this. As depression actually makes me want to eat more (not necessarily drink though, I don't like drinking more than 3 bottles of beer). THis sucks, but we have to suck it in, I guess.
  • DENIAL IS NOT JUST A RIVER IN EGYPT: This is not just for guys, it's irritating when girls do this. How in the world are you ever going to move on if three months into the break up the guy/girl still sms you to know how you are, as if nothing happened. While there's a chance that you'll be friends with your ex, it does not and SHOULD NOT be forced at once. Otherwise you're just giving mixed messages. I don't do this, I know people who do (guys AND girls).
  • THE GIFTED ONE: There are guys who find it easy moving on. He gets dumped today, tonight he's already out in the ocean searching for his next prospect. I guess it's the attitude but I notice that guys who do this, are the physically gifted. I'd really like to be like this, but seeing as I don't have a social life, it might take time for me to be like this.
  • THE INDIANA JONES EFFECT: This guy, after ending a relationship starts searching to find his true self. The treasure hunter whose search leads him to becoming a better person. This may actually be the reason for the break up. This makes the next girlfriend really lucky.
  • PRIEST/MONK... SINGLE: This could be me, a guy who realize that being single is actually great. Unlike women, I never met a guy who after a break up turned into a woman hater. A jerk to women, maybe... but a woman hater? Unless he became gay, I don't think this would be an option. We have certain needs that should be fulfilled that only a woman could give. While a relationship is not a must, we just enjoy the status of our lives right now. Yeah, I think this is where I was, and where I am right now.

This was supposed to be an entry about that show, as I really loved it, but I thought that this could be more interesting than a silly little tv show, don't you think?

**********

Oo nga pala, sasagutin ko na yung tanong dun sa huling post... napakawalang-kwenta ng sagot:

6. Kahit matagal na nung ipinalabas yung episode ng Weakest Link na sinalihan ko, hanggang ngayon eh magkakaibigan pa rin kami ng ilang contestant na nakalaban ko.

Totoong sumali ako sa The Weakest Link noong 2002. Pero di ko naging kaibigan ni isa dun sa mga contestants dun dahil bitter ako't binoto nila ako dahil ako pinakamatalino sa grupo!!! Nyahahahaha!!!

Nahulaan ni peripheralviews yung sagot, kaya dahil dun... nanalo ka ng no-prize!!! Hindi ko ipapadala yung prize na yan dahil wala akong pera... Imaginin mo na lang... hehehe

24 comments:

Meryl Ann Dulce said...

I love the Indiana Jones effect. Hahaha.

MakMak said...

Nice one. Though I don't think gays are necessarily women haters, no?

gillboard said...

meryl: yeah... thanks.

makmak: oops, i didn't mean it the way it's perceived. Siguro I just meant na, di na sila naghahanap ng babae... but i meant no offense with that line...

. said...

You forget the guys who run towards the gym after a breakup. Bruised ego and iron plates complement each other. Hehehe.

edison said...

nice one dude!!let me follow your blog..visit ka po sa blog ko if you have time
http://beyondcrypticness.blogspot.com/

Gracey said...

hello .:) dropped by your blog.
hope you'll dop by my blog too. :D

MkSurf8 said...

pumasok ka na pala sa seminaryo? ok lang dude. kung maging pari ka man, pwede pa namang humingi ng papal dispensation. ;-)

gillboard said...

mugen: di ba pwede sa break-up diet yun? hehehe

ck leick: sure, no problem... thanks for following!

gillboard said...

winkii: okay.

mksurf8: hindi no... at la ako balak pumasok ng seminaryo... simbahan nga, di ako makapasok sa takot na bigla na lang ako magliyab.. hehehe

Theonoski said...

nice article! nakakarelate ako sa DENIAL IS NOT JUST A RIVER IN EGYPT..hehehe

gillboard said...

yeah, thanks.. there are just some loves na pag naghiwalay, mahirap ilet go...

ORACLE said...

Ang realidad nyan pagdating sa break ups is the exsistence of an excess...

Excess love na hindi mo mawari kung saan mo dadalhin...

Sa iniwan, at sa nangiwan.

Point is we begin to move on if we get to accept everything as they are. Mahirap. Masakit. Sobrang pag-ibig.

Love can be found everywhere! And really, one can give his or her love everywhere too.

Love can kill, especially if we love ourselves too much. Letting go. Acceptance. Not what we desire, but what we need to do. And deep inside alam naman talaga natin ang dapat gawin...

Anonymous said...

indiano jones epek! hahaha. true, after a break up we should find time in knowing ourselves better so we can be better in the next relationship we'll be into =)

Anonymous said...

mali spelling ko hehe. indiana dapat. hahaha

UtakMunggo said...

"...We have certain needs that should be fulfilled that only a woman could give..."

i'm wondering what sort of needs you're talking about here. ahaha

so which one are you again?

pusangkalye said...

nalala ko tuloy isa sa mga fave books ko---COMING APART---WHY RELATIONSHIPS END AND HOW TO LIVE THROUGH THE ENDING OF YOURS---by Daphne Rose Kingma---really a very valuaable read~~

gillboard said...

oracle: ang lalim ah... di yata naarok ng mababaw kong utak yung sinabi mo... hehehe... joke!!!

gravity: totoo, para maging mas lalo taong maging mabuting boyfriend...

my-so-called-Quest said...

naisip ko tuloy kung anu ang una kong ginagawa kapag galing sa break-up. hehehe.
siguro yung indiana jones ang mas bagay sa akin (buhat ng sariling bangko) hahaha

buti di ko pla nahulaan yung mali dunsa tag sayo. ayoko magimagine ng prize e! heheh

gillboard said...

munggo: ako... indiana jones effect... sana... hehehe

pusang-gala: babasahin ko yan minsan... kapag may time nako... hehehe

gillboard said...

ced: uy, welcome back!!! hahaha

escape said...

astig! kakamiss nga nung show na yon. nakapaglaro ka pala doon. talo nga ang mga magagaling doon. hehehe...

PaJAY said...

astig dude!...malamang nakita kita non sa weakest link...sinusundan ko yun dati e..matalino ka nga dahil di ka nanalo e...

di ako nakarelate sa hiwalayan at effect efeect...lolz...di pa kasi nararanasan...nyahahahaha...

Ron Centeno said...

Ok sa Indiana effect!

I do not know if you have already received the Honest Scrap award. But I'm passing it to you.You so deserve it. Please drop by my page and read my post regarding that.

Congrats Gilbert!

MysLykeMeeh said...

owww---, monk? priest? Hmnn---wag naman!---