Mga Sumasampalataya

Nov 24, 2006

ENTRY 81: DANCING PENGUINS: WHAT'S UP WITH THAT?!


I've seen Happy Feet yesterday, and it wasn't what I expected it to be. It's a nice film, and there were some really hilarious bits, specially when Mumble finally met those Latino accented penguins. But it was the story that kind of put me off. I think the story specially towards the end kind of took off on a totally different direction.

Plot: (What it's supposed to be)... Emperor Penguins basically meet their mates through song. But Mumble was different, he's the only one of his kind who cannot sing. Instead, he's more of a tap dancer, and that was disturbing for his folks. (But then what happened)... towards the end of the story though, humans got involved... I'm not going to be specific about it because I don't want to spoil some of the story plots to those who wants to see the film.

Story aside (although it's important), it's a cute film... Penguins talking, walking and dancing just does something to me that sort of makes me want to pinch something, or someone. I specially like the part when the lead characters were still babies. They sound so... adorable? Ramon (voiced by Robin Williams) probably was the best character among the cast of penguins. He's hilarious in the film. I think I like him even better than the lead.

Final verdict, like I said it's a cute film... I just was disturbed about the ending. It doesn't look like a kid's film. I like Ice Age 2 better.

Rating: 6/10

No comments: