Mga Sumasampalataya

Jun 17, 2008

ON MEREDITH, MYSPACE AND MY FRIENDS

I've seen a couple of films this past week, but I don't want to write another movie entry on my blog, because that's what I've been writing about the past few weeks. I'll probably compile all the summer flicks being shown this year by the end of the season. But just so you know, I watched Kung Fu Panda and The Incredible Hulk.

**************

I've been given permission by a few friends to feature them on my blog. This will be something new here. Probably, by the end of this week or early next week you'll be seeing my first featured friend.
She's pretty, and she's single... So there's something for the guys. As for my female readers, I've got a couple of guy friends already lined up... and hopefully, if he agrees, I'll have one of last year's 69 bachelors from Cosmo show up. So cross your fingers ladies!!!

***************

Last Sunday was a day spent with my former housemates in Marikina because it was my friend's birthday. A reunion of some sorts, and for the first time since March, we were complete. Of course there were singing and a lot of drinking. And because of the day's events, the next day gave me a major hang-over!!! I'm really not built up to drink more than a couple of bottles of any alcohol drink. Not even isoprophyl.

****************

These past few days I've been reacquainting myself with Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series. I don't have a lot to do these days, and have no budget to do whatever, so I'm trying to learn how to read books again. While blogging have been good distractions, there's nothing bad about reading good stories every once in awhile.
It's either this or Love In the Time of Cholera, but I want to be able to rest my eyes after a few pages, which I can't do with the late great Gabriel Garcia Marquez's offering.

*****************

My myspace site is fast becoming a fan site, where most of my contacts are comic book writers, and celebrities like Olivia Munn, Kevin Perreira, Colbie Calliat and Oli Pettigrew. I'm the one adding them, because I don't know a lot of my real friends who own a profile. So everytime I see a familiar face, I add them, and then there are others like Skottie Young (a phenomenal artist, by the way) who requested me to add them... so that's cool.
And I'm actually happy that these celebrities are really nice people who accept friend requests from regular folks such as myself. Unlike other people I know.
I'm just not sure if these sites are really owned by the real McCoy.
If you have one, don't hesitate to add me, by the way. I'm a nice guy in need of real people on my myspace page

*****************

Ahh, last night I stayed up late to watch the season finale of Grey's Anatomy. I was actually planning on watching the last episode on Studio 23, but the ending was so good that I can't wait another week to see what happened.
The finale was the best episode this season as there are a lot of good things that happened...
SPOILER WARNING!!!'
Meredith and Derek finally got back together. Izzy is the new head of the Denny Duquette memorial clinic. Erica Hahn and Callie (George's ex-wife) hooked up!!! Richard (Seattle Grace chief) got back together with his wife Adelle (one of the most touching scenes of the episode). And Christina finally got her groove back (the best scene was where she told Hahn to shut up and let her do the heart operation).

No comments: