Mga Sumasampalataya

Aug 26, 2008

NEW ZEALAND: DAY 4

I'm alive people... and I got here safe and on schedule... me and me mates came to the country wet and freezing, but it was GOOD!!! My first taste of winter... Anyway, more details later on, sorry if I can't post pictures yet... I forgot to bring my camera to the office... next time... and to the blogs that I usually frequent, I'm sorry if I'm not able to blog hop at the moment... I'm seated beside our trainer so I have to be good... I want to be naughty, but I can't (hehehe)...

WELCOME TO NEW ZEALAND

It was around 4pm Sunday when we finally stepped out of Wellington Airport from a 3 hour flight from Melbourne. It was drizzling outside, and I believe the temperature was 3 degrees. Yep, we felt like we just stepped in a giant freezer. But like I said, it felt good... We're in another country. I'm not used to seeing this many white people walking pass me. It's like I'm in the movies. Choice!!!

The cab ride going to the hotel was awesome, it's like being in an opening scene of a horror film... you know where the car is being driven beside the ocean's coast... on the side of hills... yep, it was awesome!!!

The place is really nice. It's clean. The air is cool. The people are friendly. And it's not densely populated unlike Manila. I stay in the business district of the city, and it's not as crowded as say Makati. Well, Metro Manila has more people than the entire country of New Zealand.

And speaking of the people... Oh... the people... Kiwis have some of the most beautiful women I've seen. God, the office alone is swarming of pretty people. It's like I don't want to marry a Filipina anymore!!! Last Sunday, I was hanging out in front of the hotel I was staying in, and everyone I saw were eye candies... even those who are gravitationally challenged.

NZ VS PHIL

I really find New Zealand beautiful and peaceful, but I'm not really sure if I want to live here. While I really like the peace and quiet, I enjoy watching action more. People here really end their day when the sun sets down, and alot of places are closed by 7pm so you really won't have a night life here in New Zealand.

In terms of partying, I don't think any country will ever beat the Philippines. Maybe it's our happy disposition, because here in NZ, while people are generally friendly and active, they just don't have a nightlife. Or I just don't go out that much when the sun sets.

I can't really judge because I've only eaten in Subway McDonald's and Star Mart, but most of the food we've tasted kinda tasted bland. While us Filipinos really like to add flavor to whatever we are cooking, here in New Zealand, most of what I've tasted needed to have more salt and pepper. It doesn't taste bad (I love the lamb sandwich!!!), it just needs to have some more texture, I guess.

One more thing I liked here is that the people are really disciplined. A lot of people follow the stop and go lights before crossing the street. In the Philippines, that rarely happens. Or it's possible because a lot of those stop lights are NOT working.

WEIRD...

I've been here a total of 4 days, and in that time, I think the number of kids I've seen is equal to the number of fingers I have in my hands. I don't see a lot of kids in the city. I wonder why that is. And the only dogs I've seen are the ones who sniffed our baggages in the airport. Outside, I don't think I've ever seen one. Hmmm...

Oh well, lunch is almost over... I need to go back to training (bummer)... just kidding!!!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey gilbert..pictures naman..hahaha
anu na ginagawa nyo jan....hahaha

UtakMunggo said...

shops close at 7? buti nga diyan. susko dito most shops close at 5pm or 4pm.

okay lang dito for club goers kasi may pub sa halos lahat ng kanto. britain's culture of alcohol is going through the roof. and to think these people never produced wine...

learn as much as you can about nz para may baon baon ka sa pinas at mapagaralan mo rin kung saan mo gustong mag settle balang araw. :D

good luck nga pala sa training.

. said...

very informative. Ang galing. :)

jOan aka nUdz kUlot said...

so anjan ka na pla?! wow..
ders no place like home tlg..pero my mga upside tska downside din ang living abroad..its like "pag-nsa abroad ka gus2 mo umuwi pero kapag nsa pinas ka naman gusto mo mag-abroad". but in your case enjoy new zealand nalang... show to everybody that ur enjoying nz... hopefully it does ;)

Anonymous said...

wow! NZ sounds like so much fun. heheh! except for the part with everyone being asleep at 7. hehe! i mean, i would think that can happen in the suburbs but not in the city. =P

anyway, enjoy your stay in NZ! hope to see some photos. =D rawr.

wanderingcommuter said...

PICTURES! PICTURES! PICTURES!

gillboard said...

pictures will be up soon... siguro after weekend, kasi di pa kami nakakaikot ngayon masyado... dun lang sa vicinity...

but the place is really beautiful!!!

BTW: choice is a kiwi expression meaning, very good or awesome or great...

Boying Opaw said...

pasalubong?

aajao said...

oi sarap naman! ingat dyan and be safe! :)

Anonymous said...

OMfG, its been like ages mula nung nagkabalita ako sayo.

susme, nasa ibang bansa ka na pla?!

huwaaaaaawww NZ.. :D

pikchurs. i missed you! apir!* ;)

Anonymous said...

OMfG, its been like ages mula nung nagkabalita ako sayo.

susme, nasa ibang bansa ka na pla?!

huwaaaaaawww NZ.. :D

pikchurs. i missed you! apir!* ;)

Roxy said...

Looking forward on seeing your photos! post them soon.

Have fun! :)

Dabo said...

pero the irony lies more people in NZ commit suicides than in our country, no matter how peaceful or pretty their streets are.

sorry nasimulan mo kasi sa horror film eh.. anyway take care!