Mga Sumasampalataya

Aug 23, 2006

ENTRY 42: COMMUTING HORROR STORIES

I've been a commuter since 6th grade, and there've been a few instances that I have shown my horns and tail. I am a nice guy in general, but then if provoked, I could be the long lost son of Lucifer himself. I'm tactless and brutally frank... I've made enemies back in the old days because I can't seem to take away the habit of keeping my mouth shut... But that's a whole different story...

Today, I'm going to talk about my commuting horror stories...

STORY 1: I WAS TIPSY
So I was about to go home from a team-building (more like inuman party) in Makati. I rode the shuttle back to Parañaque and then there were these 2 pacoño girls who were in front of me... So the discussion goes like this (it was 2 years ago, so forgive me this is not accurate)...
Girl 1: I don't like sa Jollibee, kasi nakakasawa na food dun...
Girl 2: And I don't like the crowd noh. And di naman ako gutom eh...
Girl 1: Yeah, sa Starbucks na lang tayo... at least masarap pa pastries dun...
Girl 2: Right, and kahit bread land kainin naten, we always get full..
(this conversation went on for like 5 minutes... it did not make sense... so finally...)
Me: Kaya kayo tumataba eh...
(then there was like 30 seconds of silence...)
Girl 1: EXCUSE ME?!
Me: I'm s-s-so s-s-sorry miss, I'm drunk...
That's all I said, I don't remember if the girl slapped me, but I know the hour and a half long trip home was very uncomfortable... They stopped talking about food, but did not stop talking about my rudeness... Even the lady beside me was eyeing me cruelly... I think they all wanted throw me out of the van.

STORY 2: WHY I DON'T SLEEP IN BUSES ANYMORE

It's a habit of mine, since I take a bus ride going home, that I sleep for the greater part of it... And then there was this one time that I was really tired, I walked from the office to Megamall to the bus terminal (it was a long walk!!!), and I fell asleep... Moments later, I heard the ticket inspector saying "saan ang ticket ng boyfriend mo?" Then I felt my head being shrugged off by someone. Apparently, I slept on the shoulder of some guy that I didn't know... THat was embarrasing, (good thing I did not drool or something)... People were laughing... He did not notice also, cause I think he was asleep too...

STORY 3: UNLUCKY WITH TAXI
I think that there's a conspiracy against me sometimes... I'm already late, but then on my way to work, every stoplight that we pass, when we're almost at the edge of the road or street, the light turns red... As in EVERY SINGLE TIME!!! And then this dumbass driver has to take a different route going to EDSA... So instead of from Baclaran, we had to go to Buendia, then to some backalleys, leading to Magallanes then EDSA... My bill was already a hundred bucks and I'm not in the Makati Business District yet... I got off Ayala and took the MRT going to Ortigas... I just got out of the cab and threw away a hundred bucks... The sad part was, it was not even traffic in EDSA!!!

STORY 4: I DID NOT SAY THIS...
You know that in buses, there are seats that can accomodate 3 people and on the other side, can sit 2... So there was this one night, I was on my way to work and I sat on the 2 seater side. Along came this couple who didn't have anymore place to sit on because the bus was already almost full. The woman sat beside me, and the guy tried to sit on the other side. I don't know, but there are really these insensitive people who don't really budge so that others can take their seat (I also do that, but then again that's only if ugly people are trying to sit beside me... or people who smell like sweat)... So this guy got irritated with the woman because she wasn't moving, and said... "ANG TABA MO KASI EH!" I found that really hilarious, and I laughed. So the couple got off, leaving me to face the wrath of the immovable object... Yeah, I think I heard her chanting something in her native witch tongue... But that was uber-creepy... I wasn't able to look at her after that...

No comments: