Mga Sumasampalataya

Aug 7, 2006

ENTRY 36: PROMOTION

I don't know what to feel right now... I'm excited... I'm happy... but at the same time, I'm a nervous wreck... There's something I can't really explain that I'm feeling... It's more than just butterflies in my stomach... I guess this is how you feel when you get promoted... After more than two years of working for ICT, I am promoted to Supervisor for our account...

I've been Associate Supervisor for the program for 6 months, and the reason for my promotion is that my boss, Ms. Teena, is getting married. She was the Supervisor for our campaign for almost 3 years, starting up the program when it came to the company. She's leaving the country to be with her beau, and to live life there as one half of a happily married couple. Of course I'm happy for her, she deserves to live that kind of life... She's been single for like a long time... I don't think that she's going to let work stand in the way of her happiness... I don't think that anyone would let that happen...

So anyway, back to me... I'm putting too much pressure on this thing... I feel I deserve this position as I've worked my ass off ever since I got my first promotion... But then again, there's this feeling that I am still a greenhorn at all this leadership stuff... Two years of leading a team of 10-20 agents may not be enough experience in leading a group of 80...

I'm strong... And I'm smart... and I'm not alone... I guess, that's just all I need to tell myself now... I have a great roster of team leaders at my disposal... They will help me out...

Supervisor... heh, who would've thought?!


The team

No comments: