Mga Sumasampalataya

Dec 2, 2007

BONDING MOMENTS



One of the things I never really expected to happen the day I stepped in the office of my previous company 4 years ago, was that I'll be meeting very good friends that will make my stay there worthwhile.



The thing with me is that after I leave something (ie high school, college or my previous job), the line of communications between myself and my friends there are cut. We lose touch, or worse friends become strangers.

That's what I am trying to avoid with the people that I met in my previous job. A lot of wonderful memories were created in my four year stay there and I am not ready to give it up at the moment. My former agents may tell me to move on. But how can you move on from something that made you really happy, right?


It's been awhile already, but I can now relate to everyone else who've left the account when they say how bonding in our program is something that's rare in the real world. AS they say, "we were really a family." That's true. When we moved to Marikina, what happened was that not only were we co-workers, we actually became neighbors, housemates and truly a family.



I know it's unfair for my new company that I'm judging it by the people that I'm working with. I am looking for the things that I found in my previous company and am unwilling to accept the culture that this company has. But the thing is, I don't want to invest alot of my emotions, loyalty or what have you, because this current job that I have is only a transition job. I don't intend to stay for a long time because there's another industry that I really want to work in.



In any case, the pictures you're looking at was taken yesterday during my colleague's birthday. Funny story, she (the birthday celebrant) was actually a little depressed earlier that day because she thought that there wouldn't really be alot of people who'll be celebrating her birthday with her. Boy was she wrong. Just goes to show that when you are well liked, no matter what obstacles, your friends will weather all of them to be with you. Happy birthday Shams.

I'm going to borrow a quote from my friends which is true with our little family, "it's not the beer that makes the gathering memorable, it's the company you're with."

No comments: