Mga Sumasampalataya

Feb 19, 2007

CHANGES

There was someone who said that this year would be a year of huge changes for people. I didn't really believe that at first because I was pretty secure of the things that's happening with my life. My job is good, my program's performing as expected, and everything seems okay.

Then one day, I was told that our program was chosen to move to Marikina.

"Fuck!"

That's all that I was able to say. For awhile I did some thinking about my career. I wasn't given an increase yet, and Marikina is just too far. I was ready to quit. But I guess, back then I was too happy to ever think of leaving the company.

So we moved. Actually, I'm living in an apartment right now with some of my closest co-workers. We dubbed the place "One House." It's nice, it's big and it's a happy place to be in. 5-minute walk to the office, actually. But then now, here comes the problem. I finally received my increase.

From what I'm getting prior to that, it looks like I only got a thousand peso increase. Now that's the straw that breaks the camel's back. I am now seriously contemplating on leaving the company. Regardless, I'm able to save money or not, I don't think I'm being treated fairly. I mean, before taking over as Supervisor, the program was dying. I was able to get revive this program and take it where the previous leader's only dreamed of.

I haven't been writing to you the past month, basically because i can't find my inspiration. If you're a regular reader and is looking for some updates about my life, there's one for you. And oh yeah, I broke up with the doctor. Time and definitely distance was a problem.

**********

Only thing that keeps me smiling was what happened last Sunday. I was actually pissed off back then with my reps for doing some things in the office. But when nighttime came, after I did someone a favor, that someone texted me something special. It was something out of the blue and came unexpected, but it was a very pleasant surprise. I won't be delving with the details here, but it's actually something sweet. Makes me love life even if it's throwing shit at me.

No comments: